Score: Fearsome Faces mask

Discuss KNB, Fantastic Faces, Fearsome Faces, Deluxe..

Moderator: Ghostface

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: Score: Fearsome Faces mask

Postby Screambuff » Sun May 16, 2010 1:31 am

norwegianscream wrote:Got mine today!!
But it needs repainting because it has holes on the chin and a bit discolouring...
Apart from that, it's in good shape:-)

Remember; this one was supposed to end up on ebay aswell, but because it's damaged I got it very cheap for 13 pounds!!!

I'm a very happy Norwegian right now :-)
#3.jpg
4.jpg
masks.jpg
yah nice collection, that one to the far left is that one of the taiwan masks??
they tried to make a mold and it looks different . I would paint him up and try to reshape him.

norwegianscream
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby norwegianscream » Mon May 17, 2010 3:49 am

Thank you bro!

All of them are made in china, but the 2 on the far left have (T) included on the stamp...
Don't know what that means, but they're all made by Fun world..
One thing I do remeber though, is that they had the same tag as my fearsome faces mask, but had 'SCREAM' instead of Fearsome faces...
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some oozing to do..

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Mon May 17, 2010 12:42 pm

norwegianscream wrote:Thank you bro!

All of them are made in china, but the 2 on the far left have (T) included on the stamp...
Don't know what that means, but they're all made by Fun world..
One thing I do remeber though, is that they had the same tag as my fearsome faces mask, but had 'SCREAM' instead of Fearsome faces...
Yah no offense those are some strange looking mask that were sold over seas.
The t has something to do with what . It is not a standard scream first run mask.
They were sold sometime after . You can just compare those to any scream mask
the look a but strange . I have only seen then overseas collectors non in the usa.
The mold is very off, I really think a company over seas made them and copied the scream tags. I have a scream tag mask and it looks ALOT like the fearsome faces mask.
I have seen a few others again all in overseas collections. . It probably is not funworld even though they used the stamp /mold. THERE is one way to tell look inside the mask there should be a white tag attached the number on the take should say S9206 meaning that scream for the s / for the scream model used for that tag. Let me know what you find. The t could be also a company who got the license and put ii on the chin so it is known its not easter or funworld

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Fri May 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Hearing all the issues with masks and everything I feel really blessed to live in the US with so many different places to find these masks at. Maybe those of us in the US can help those in someway that are looking for these masks and costumes. Just an idea.

stuandbilly
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby stuandbilly » Sat May 22, 2010 4:53 am

Ghostface_Scre4m wrote:Hearing all the issues with masks and everything I feel really blessed to live in the US with so many different places to find these masks at. Maybe those of us in the US can help those in someway that are looking for these masks and costumes. Just an idea.

So then maybe its just me, but it took me a few weeks to find an original 97 glow mask. I love it but it was a hard catch.

i tryed ebay,costume stores,google shopping, etc.

I don't even know how i got to the website with it but i haven't seen the glow mask i have available from anyone but a few U.K shops that would cost me in the mid 60s and that scammer guy on ebay who has it listed for 80 dollars!
When I wear this badge, You treat Me like a man of the law!

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Sat May 22, 2010 5:20 am

stuandbilly wrote:
Ghostface_Scre4m wrote:Hearing all the issues with masks and everything I feel really blessed to live in the US with so many different places to find these masks at. Maybe those of us in the US can help those in someway that are looking for these masks and costumes. Just an idea.

So then maybe its just me, but it took me a few weeks to find an original 97 glow mask. I love it but it was a hard catch.

i tryed ebay,costume stores,google shopping, etc.

I don't even know how i got to the website with it but i haven't seen the glow mask i have available from anyone but a few U.K shops that would cost me in the mid 60s and that scammer guy on ebay who has it listed for 80 dollars!
so your saying you want a glow or non? the nons are what's rare ! I have searched the entire web mate! if you find one grab it!!! I spent over 100 and never got one!!!

stuandbilly
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby stuandbilly » Sat May 22, 2010 7:09 am

no i didnt particularly want a glow one when i started out, but seeing as the nicer quality 90s non glow versions are few and far between i settled for the glow version. its got a great shape and color to it. i only paid 14 flat for it. its the rebranded screams that came out after the original fearsome faces.

as i said before there is one guy on eBay that along with the glow version he is trying to sell for too much he also has a a non glow ghost-face. of course many people here and elsewhere have stated he is a fraud who re-lists for higher prices whenever someone pays for a mask.

Pics: KComm1

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Sat May 22, 2010 7:23 am

stuandbilly wrote:no i didnt particularly want a glow one when i started out, but seeing as the nicer quality 90s non glow versions are few and far between i settled for the glow version. its got a great shape and color to it. i only paid 14 flat for it. its the rebranded screams that came out after the original fearsome faces.

as i said before there is one guy on eBay that along with the glow version he is trying to sell for too much he also has a a non glow ghost-face. of course many people here and elsewhere have stated he is a fraud who re-lists for higher prices whenever someone pays for a mask.

Pics: KComm1

Yes I have one they are nice, the mold is a bit different then the fearsome faces. But they are hard to find! The Ebay seller does have the non glows which I feel are a nicer looking mask . I do not know about all the fraud stuff but someone can changes prices as they see fit , doesn't make them a fraud , maybe following the market trends. There was a ebay seller who was selling the fearsome faces masks for 10.00 till he found out what he had , Then he quickly changed the listings they then sold for as high as 250 each!! That doesn't make some one a fraud mate its just doing something anyone would do. Nice find!!!! :D

stuandbilly
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby stuandbilly » Sat May 22, 2010 7:30 am

oh , i know someone can change the prices as they wish. but this guy seems to do it almost all the time AFTER the item sells and the buyer has paid him. then he re-lists without the buyers knowledge for a higher mark up. but yeah the original fearsome faces has a bit more pointy eschewed look to it. im still on the hunt for one. good luck on your search for a non glow man!

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Sat May 22, 2010 5:51 pm

stuandbilly wrote:oh , i know someone can change the prices as they wish. but this guy seems to do it almost all the time AFTER the item sells and the buyer has paid him. then he re-lists without the buyers knowledge for a higher mark up. but yeah the original fearsome faces has a bit more pointy eschewed look to it. im still on the hunt for one. good luck on your search for a non glow man!
Actually email the guy and find out for yourself I learned that on here do not listen
and judge people on what others tell me. He actually sold me one at 25 off his list!!!
he does toss prices around I have seen the actually go down though also lol
but try it worked for me got it fast to! I now have two fearsome faces masks
The copyright under the chins say funworld on the pre-scream ones, and the scream tags
copyright stamps say easter unlimited, they bought out funworld when the scream movie came out But kept the tags saying funwrold. Easter/funworld are no longer easter has been taken over now to. Think thats why the stopped making the ghost face mask and went to the foam now. The foam are not screen accurate but are MUCH more comfortable to wear!!

stuandbilly
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby stuandbilly » Sun May 23, 2010 1:17 pm

I understand about hearsay. you cant always trust what others have written, I was simply basing it on the info found on the internet about the seller and multiple complaints on forums. they have had some problems apparently.

at least for you, it worked out well.

I can see the foam ones being much easier to wear in the long run. while mine look great, the top heavy-ness makes it slip down my face a bit and after 5 minutes its like a sauna.

Needless to say, it spends most of the time on my display shelf. :D

Screamfourfan
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby Screamfourfan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:02 am

KComm1 Thats so cool! Looks like the ones from the movies.

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:42 pm

was fearsome faces like the mask before scream was ever even thought of?

norwegianscream
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby norwegianscream » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:10 am

No, the tag on the masks before Scream had 'Fantastic Faces' on it, Scream 2 had Fearsome Faces and Scream 3 had the 'Ghost Face' tag :-)

Here's a picture of some of the screen used owned by Nate:
IMG_1382.jpg
IMG_1382.jpg (49.78 KiB) Viewed 22231 times
From Left: Scream, Scream 2, Scream 3, Scream 4 Production mask
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some oozing to do..

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Oh i wonder what it was called before scream was ever though of...