Scream Mask Tag

Discuss KNB, Fantastic Faces, Fearsome Faces, Deluxe..

Moderator: Ghostface

screamfan91
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Scream Mask Tag

Postby screamfan91 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Hey everyone,

I was looking online for Scream masks and came across a pic with this tag. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light as to whether or not this type of tagged mask is of any value? I'm not 100% sure of exaclty what tags are considered better or worse than others except the Fearsome/Fantastic faces masks.

Thanks in advance GFLP3
Attachments
Scream.jpg
Scream.jpg (27.71 KiB) Viewed 11904 times
Tell me that's not the face of a killer...

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Re: Scream Mask Tag

Postby Ghostface » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:46 pm

This is what is known as the "97 Scream tag" always purple and black and sometimes has a different Feasome faces mask on the card... This one is slightly rare but can be found among collectors online..

screamfan91
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby screamfan91 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:50 pm

hey thanks for the reply, I seen the image on a fancy dress shop in the UK for about £9. I have emailed them to make sure that the mask would come with the tag attached. Also, I found it quite confusing with all of the mask tags that are different; I have a Glow mask but the tag itself doesn't say anything about it glowin up in the dark :S lol

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:57 pm

screamfan91 wrote:hey thanks for the reply, I seen the image on a fancy dress shop in the UK for about £9. I have emailed them to make sure that the mask would come with the tag attached. Also, I found it quite confusing with all of the mask tags that are different; I have a Glow mask but the tag itself doesn't say anything about it glowin up in the dark :S lol

Some do and some dont,, on some glow cards it has a green tint on the masked figure.. on others its just white sometimes meaning its a NON Glow, not all the time though.. newer tags dont have the yellow "Glows in the dark" star anymore... if they do e mail back saying it has that tag then it must be old stock.. Let me know what they say... the masks wont go for alot at all.. just some collectors want a range of cards to add to the collection.. if you find a tagged Fantastic or Fearsome faces the value goes up quite a bit!

KComm1

screamfan91
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby screamfan91 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Some do and some dont,, on some glow cards it has a green tint on the masked figure.. on others its just white sometimes meaning its a NON Glow, not all the time though.. newer tags dont have the yellow "Glows in the dark" star anymore... if they do e mail back saying it has that tag then it must be old stock.. Let me know what they say... the masks wont go for alot at all.. just some collectors want a range of cards to add to the collection.. if you find a tagged Fantastic or Fearsome faces the value goes up quite a bit!
Yeah I knew the newer G.I.D masks aren't really worth anything but was just confused about the tags that were on them, thanks for clearing that up :) . And relating to the original post about the purple tag; one company replied saying that the mask was stamped "easter island" on the chin, never heard of. I think I'll hold out for the other reply and see if that is a genuine E.U. one with the purple tag. I'll just have to look forward to my Scarecrow one coming just now! :mrgreen:

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:54 am

Scarecrow masks are a "Must have" too.. i got two last year.. the only solid mask of Ghostface.. NON movable and even different versions of it now.. one with a shiny black surface mouth and nose, other with Matt Black nose and mouth.. SCMGF

screamfan91
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby screamfan91 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Ghostface wrote:Scarecrow masks are a "Must have" too.. i got two last year.. the only solid mask of Ghostface.. NON movable and even different versions of it now.. one with a shiny black surface mouth and nose, other with Matt Black nose and mouth.. SCMGF
They look amazing, I'm just waiting on mine being delivered and can't wait to see it! I've only recently started collecting Scream stuff and acquired a couple of things so hopefully get a few more masks around halloween :D