Halloween II Review (Spoilers!!!)

Movie reviews here..

Moderator: Ghostface

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Halloween II Review (Spoilers!!!)

Postby cj13 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:16 am

Note:IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU HAVE EITHER ALREADY SEEN HALLOWEEN II OR YOU JUST DON'T CARE IF YOU KNOW MAJOR SPOILERS!
This is my review of the movie i just got back from the midnight showing.
The movie opens on a definition of the meaning of white horse (spiritually)
i loved the whole white horse thing but it was so random when it showed up.
after a quick scene with the new actor for little Michael with Sheri Moon Zombie (Deborah Myers)
she gives him a plastic white horse (not life size) and he explains a dream that he had about the white horse and Deborah walking towards him and saying she will take him home witch is important in the movie
i loved that whole little scene and right after the title HALLOWEEN II with the screaming of laurie after she shot michael then she is walking the rode and gets taken to the hospital by sheriff bracket when she gets to the hospital it is so gory and grose i had to look away a nice little scene i loved with laurie walking into annies hospital room was nice. michael kills the nurse and laurie runs and it was VERY suspenseful with her cast and all michael kills one more person named budy and laurie wakes up from the dream im amusing this really all happend but she dreamt of it. laurie now lives with annie which is really good
lauire has all these crazy disturbing creepy dreams witch made me uncomfortable. michael sees him as a little boy and his mom (ghostly and telling him to bring laurie home) so we see several scenes with michael walking his long journey to haddonfield he kills 2 hillbillies and the daughter of one that complain about him in the corn field.
yea they have to nerve to beat him with bats. i loved that whole scene but micahel stabs so many times
THEY ARE DEAD STOP! lol. (all of this stuff is not quite in order im just commenting on most scenes)

a scene i absolutly loved was lyndas dad pulls a gun out on loomis at his book sighning and blaming him for his daughters death the cops break it up.
laurie finds out she is really Angel Myers and she goes crazy. she goes to her friend mias house and goes partying where her friend harley dies in a van along with her boyfriend.
let me skip to michaels attack on annie
she sees him in the bath room and runs its all in slow mo and doesn't show any thing laurie comes home with mia and sees the mess and we get VERY fast cut flash backs of what happend
laurie is their with annie while mia goes to call police she gets killed and there is a very sad scene with laurie and annie.
yes annie dies :( but it was very sad and michael chases laurie out of the house into the woods and laurie finds a guy to help her she gets in the car michael flips it over and gets laurie to a shed where she sees her real mom sheri moon zombie and the little michael holding her down loomis looks on the news and rushes over
DR loomis dies cut up and stabbed way too many times
laurie hugs michael and says i love you brother michael begins to raise his knife but then puts it down
laurie goes psycho on him and stabs him so many times.
laurie walks out of the shed (with alot of poilce and helicopters around) in his mask
it was freaky

and now... to.. the ending
which i have mixed feelings
laurie in insain asylum she sees the horse and sheri moon zombie and gives an evil smile at the camera the end.

first of all i give this movie a 9 and a half out of 10 i didnt really like the ending but there is so much i wanna know what happens next
this movie was terrific and creepy (by the way i left out alot of things)

but here are my negatives
TOO MUCH SLOW MO
only hear the halloween theme at the end credits

but overall this movie was just a surprisingly great movie
i know that alot of people will NOT like it but i love it.

Maloney
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Re: Halloween II Review (Spoilers!!!)

Postby Maloney » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:03 pm

damn, sounds awesome

does anyone know when the release date for it is in the UK??

~Maloney
"I'm gonna blame the movies"

Ghostface247
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby Ghostface247 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:16 am

Sounds very good. I am not seing it, however.

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 pm

SPOILERS...

Just got back from seeing it, I really enjoyed it not sure if I like it more than the remake (Which I did really enjoy), I may have to watch it again. There were quite a few things I didn't like, such as seeing Michael without his mask a lot, the over use of Michael's hallucinations and the white horse and I did feel that Michael kind of went overkill (no pun intended) when he murdered people such as stamping on that guys face, I felt that was out of character and Myers repeatedly stabbing almost each of his victims after they were dead, this Myers is pretty damn pissed off when he wants you dead, he'll make sure your dead! But one of the main things I disliked was how much of an asshole Loomis was, though he got redemption which was good, shame he died though, I wish that he decided to help out earlier in the film like after the book signing, which was a great scene by the way. It would've been good also if we saw more of the towns people and how they were affected by Myers' killing spree. Some stalking moments would've been nice also but it's reasonable why there wasn't any, it seems he wants to stay hidden in this one and also wearing that huge coat wearing his mask is bound to draw some attention.

One thing I did like, was how creepy this Myers was. I found him to be far more creepy than he was in the remake, like when he stares down at that kid who asks "Are you a giant?" he's kept in the shadows a lot more and the opening sequence in the hospital is pretty tense and Myers was creepy as hell during some of those moments, I do like how Rob used lighting and the location to his advantage there it set a great Halloween atmosphere, especially during scenes out in the fields and some of those dream scenes are pretty crazy and sometimes good. I do hope though that the DVD is extended with more talking moments like the remake because there were times where I thought the film felt rushed in places and there were scenes which were in pictures and trailers that I didn't see in the film, like Loomis saying how "Michael's evil is more evolved." or something to that effect and a shot of Myers in a building with his mask torn NOT wearing his jacket, don't know what that was about. Overall it was a decent film, I think I would've enjoyed it a lot more if I hadn't found out what happens at the end of the film about 2 months before it came out.
"Be careful, this is the moment where the supposedly dead killer comes back to life for one last scare"

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:37 pm

The Directors Cut is way way way better. even with a happier ending
Spoiler: show
yes Laurie dies but its better than her suffering in an asylum rob zombie said him self that scene after it slowly pulls into Laurie face is Laurie last thought and not an asylum and he even sounds like he hates the theatrical ending
way better movie!

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:44 pm

I haven't seen the D-Cut yet but I'm not sure if I will due to a certain thing which happens... But cj what is your opinion on the moment when
Michael actually talks and yells "DIE"?
"Be careful, this is the moment where the supposedly dead killer comes back to life for one last scare"

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:05 am

Devils_Reject my opinion is
It's fine to me, in the first one Michael was suppose to talk he was suppose to say boo to Laurie (Michael called her boo when she was a baby) so i actually like it.