Stu in Scream 3 - how would it have worked?

Talk about Scream 3 here.

Moderator: Ghostface

scream_4_me
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Stu in Scream 3 - how would it have worked?

Postby scream_4_me » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:24 pm

Well we have heard about the prospect of Stu being the killer in Scream 3, and though it sounds rather appealing and interesting, I think most of us agree that it probably would have been difficult to carry out. But, lets say hyperthetically they had gone with the ending, how would it have worked? How would they have explained away how he survived the TV electricution death and how nobody noticed he wasn't dead....?? Suggestions? Theories?? Just for fun, obviously. S4KL

Ghostface94
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Re: Stu in Scream 3 - how would it have worked?

Postby Ghostface94 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Maybe he played dead even when the police came into his home! And he wanted to exact revenge on Sidney!
"Gutted, slashed, the guy ain't in the union no more!"
Joel to gale Weathers in Scream 2 (1997); Dimension Films

The Killer

Postby The Killer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:10 pm

That would of been very intresting indeed, I think it would of been a better ending to the story *as Scre4m wasn't even though of at the time* that Stu comes back, looking for Sidney and comes close to taking his revenge.

I suppose if was to be brought back he could have bad scars over his face from the TV.
''You hang up on me and I'll cut through your neck until I feel bone!''

SidSuperBitch96
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby SidSuperBitch96 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:44 am

It would be quite a stretch for him to survive multiple stabbings and electrocution by television. Depending on the amount of time he was laying on the floor under the TV, he probably bled out from the knife wounds. Depending upon the amount of watts/amps/voltage in the tv, it probably stopped his heart instantly.
Now let's stretch our imagination to the farthest possible reaches: He does indeed survive... The electrocution cauterized his stomach wounds so he wouldn't lose too much blood... he is transported to the morgue and whilst waiting for an autopsy, miraculously wakes up...His face is mangled beyond recognition so no one knows that he is Stu Macher. They think that he is just another victim of GhostFace. He spends weeks in the hospital recovering...he's literally wrapped in bandages. The man without a face is what he becomes. Years later, he goes for an experimental facial reconstruction surgery which is part of a government program. He doesn't have to pay money for it since he is technically a guinea pig. Every time he looks at his scars, he is reminded of Sidney and his hatred of her. He was always jealous of the relationship Billy had with Sid and he truly wanted her for himself.This made him go even crazier and plans on how he will finish what he started 15 years ago... making him the third unforeseen killer in Scream 4...Then in Scream 5, he can become Sid's love interest since he won't look like Stu and he has created a completely new legitimate identity for himself... and wait for it... KILLS HER...
Where were the parents during all of this is a mystery and would be another Scream plot hole...and where he gets the money for all of this is also a mystery...
I don't know... that's all I got... haha... that's an absolute stretch...
"I'll send you a copy...BAM! Bitch went down"

The Killer

Postby The Killer » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Matthew Lillard (Stu) said the original idea was Stu contemplated Sidney's death while he was in prison.

I honestly wouldn't be against Stu coming back in Scream 5 or 6, perhaps killing Sidney at the end of Scream 6. I know some may be ahainst the idea of Sid dying but after all Laurie Strode died in Halloween: Resurrection.
''You hang up on me and I'll cut through your neck until I feel bone!''

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:25 pm

I've always heard Stu as the mastermind and was using high school kids to torment Sid and such. I got no proof or anything on that but that sounds interesting at least.

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:32 pm

I think if the "Stu" script had been used then people may have lost alot more faith that they had in scream movies.. one thing fans always moaned about (and for good reason) was randy's death, and although it was thought about bringing him back they didnt because it was too far fetched and a rule of "Once dead, always dead" would be out the window, thus turning out to be like other horror films making Scream not stand out as much.. so with the Stu version maybe that was also part of the reason.. Billstu

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:08 am

It very well could have been another reason. We may never know.