Fun World div Scream mask

Discuss KNB, Fantastic Faces, Fearsome Faces, Deluxe..

Moderator: Ghostface

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: Fun World div Scream mask

Postby Screambuff » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:31 pm

I have to be honest besides the pre-scream masks which are what say around 20 years old!!! man time flys seeing I was around the age of the characters when I first saw
the film in the theater!!! lol . But I really can't say on those because I Having never ever seen proof on anyone having one!!!! The ones with sold during the film with the funworld stamp or easter that are just as rare are the same exact mold!!! You have to see the mask was a cheap dime store mask which makes it so cool!!!! But a company will not do that for one it would cost them alot of money to because you have to one change it over in the factory in china or asia that they have been using for years. . They do not make these any more period . I have spent over 500 hrs searching the web networking they just are not being made. Funworld makes a new foam mask and the glow in the dark. The glow in the dark they cut way back on the materials used!!! to save more cash. You figure a penny on one mask multiply by a million adds up. I have compared the 3 out there also the blood pumping ones. The foam is nice but in bents and distorts very easy . And the glow mask again has less material around the head neck etc and is a lighter weight . And does look a bit different this could be a new mold for this run and the foam. Seeing that the original
ones we have are no longer made . A seller on ebay has a few he got in left behind in the pipeline . ThatS how I scored mine for 79.99 I thought was a steal!!! being new!!!!!
its hard to say when they stopped making them but I would say at least 5 years could be more or less. So again For pure collector purposes finding a pre -scream mask or what I think is cooler the knb mask would be a great find. But BEWARE I HAVE SEEN 3 PEOPLE WHO HAVE LISTED COLLECTIONS ON A PROP SITE WITH IN DAYS OF EACH OTHER ALL CLAIMING TO HAVE ORIGINAL SCREEN USED KNB MASK AND FUNWORLD !! WHO HAVE SOLD THEM TO GREEN COLLECTORS AS ORIGINALS FOR AS MUCH AS 1,500.00 TO 2,500.0 BUCKS!!! AND ALL THEY HAVE IS A OLD FUNWORLD KNB MASK!!! WITH NO PROOF ITS AUTHENTIC BUT THE WORD OF THE PERSON WHO SOLD THEM THE STUF!!!!! :o

norwegianscream
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby norwegianscream » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Heres some pics..

Mask comparision.. Glow in the dark (left) non glow (right)
mask.jpg
Here's the tag that came with my newest mask
front
tag12.jpg
Back
tag2.jpg
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some oozing to do..

Nick Meece
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby Nick Meece » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:24 pm

This is getting ridiculous. ScreamFan1 is a lot older than 13, trust me. And his collection is the real deal...again, trust me. He owns 3 KNB masks well.

Here's what an original "Fearsome Faces" mask tag looks like...

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Thats the one mr Meece! You ever seen one? or got one?

scarymovieboy
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby scarymovieboy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:18 am

Is this one of the rarer 'Funworld DIV' masks that you're talking about? This one of mine was purchased in about '97 or '98. I can't remember what the original tag looked like though. It features the 'Funworld DIV' stamp on the chin, and also has a small indentation (error) at the bottom of the inside of the mouth, which I've heard is a sign of an original Funworld. It's obviosuly different from the Fantastic Faces mask with the hood, but is this one of the next in line in terms of rarity?

Pics:

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5679 ... divmas.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9959 ... rlddiv.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4236/i ... onchin.jpg

SKYNET193
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby SKYNET193 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Hay, you might want to try here i tried she replied once and that was it.. on craigslist,looks like '' Funworld""' Fearsome Faces to me... Here is the link.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/for/1889096421.html
[img]http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz4/SKYNET100/sc4.jpg[/img]

tannersmom
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby tannersmom » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:36 pm

I recently bought a scream mask at a garage sale and I was wondering if any of you could tell me anything about it. I listed it on Craigslist for $5 with some other Halloween items and some people have been overly interested in it. Any reason why? I decided not to sell it yet until I get some information. I don't know anything about masks.

The mask is kind of a flexible, molded plastic with black "screen" fabric behind the eyes. It has "FUN WORLD DIV" stamped behind the chin. The black hood covers the whole head and is a thicker cotton fabric (not thin nylon like the newer masks). I attached a photo in the box below.

I would appreciate any information you can give me. Thank you.
Attachments
016 (6).JPG
Pick of mask

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:29 pm

Your mask WILL gather interest if you advertised as with the info saying what was on the chin, These days your type of mask arent always seen but can be obtained if you are lucky like yourself or battle it out on Ebay, the common mould masks these days are all stamped "Easter Unlimited Inc" and the Stamped Fun World ones are rarer and date back a bit more.. Dont let it go for $5... IF it had the cardboard tag thats normally attached to the top it would be better because its worth more,it comes from a line of masks that were tagged with either "Fantastic Faces" or "Fearsome Faces" , todays masks are tagged with the "Ghost Face" tag so they are really common.But if you let it go for a cheap price its almost as if the buyer is pointing at you and laughing after purchase.
There is a lad called Nate that comes on here that knows just about everything about them,ill see if i can get him to come online. But DONT let it go cheaply... Mask1

tannersmom
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby tannersmom » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Thanks so much for the information. I'd also appreciate any info your friend Nate might have. How old do you think it is? Any idea what I could get for it?

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Its more than likely from the mid 90's (Possibly 94,95,96,even 97,)

I e mailed Nate and what he said was below... in the quotes.. it is from the Fantastic,or Fearsome faces line... KComm1

From Nate Kvb
"If it's stamped Funworld then it's either a Fantastic or Fearsome Faces and is worth easily a few hundred dollars or more."

tannersmom
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby tannersmom » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:31 am

Wow thanks! You guys have been so helpful. Guess I got a good bargain when I bought it at a garage sale! Is ebay a good place to sell it? Or can you recommend a collector who might want it?
Last edited by tannersmom on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:20 am

There's nobody i personally know that are looking for them at the moment..
I suggest you Ebay it, BUT if you do, follow some steps below..

1. Take pictures of the mask,Front,Back,and under the chin (last one major important)

2. Describe the item as "untagged" because it has not got the cardboard tag attached.

3. Just advice here,with it NOT being tagged DONT expect it to soar in price,it wont always happen.. The one fact that makes this mask good is that it IS stamped Fun World..

4. List it as "Fun World Stamped Ghostface Mask Untagged"

5. In the description put "Thought to be part of either "Fantastic Faces" or "Fearsome Faces" line from Funworld..

6. You may get questions if you dont describe it correctly,go on the facts we have given you and PLEASE DONT say how much you got it for,otherwise buyers will point it out and try and knock your price down.

7. Put a reserve on it you are comfortable with,as i said before,and will always say,it ISNT TAGGED so dont think it will go mad (If it does then its good,but dont expect it)

8. Make sure your pictures are all clear as you can get,Collectors love seeing what they are bidding on in good quality.

9. Make it clear as to where you will and wont send it (If any limitations)
I have known many withdraw high bids on masks because of shipping or sending problems to other countries

Ok, i know it seems alot to look at now,but if you follow the above you should be fine.. Remember this is ADVICE and you are always free to do what you think is right as its your mask now,but dont get ripped off or taken for a ride by some GIT because they are always out there.

I say Good Luck, you have a good mask there.

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:24 am

One other thing, make sure you put in the description that the mask they see on the pictures is THE MASK they will recieve.. ALOT of sellers use images from the net that are standard.

tannersmom
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby tannersmom » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:28 am

I also have a different kind of scream mask with a tongue that I bought at the same time but it is clearly a newer version. It has a nylon "bib" and an elastic band and a separate nylon hood. It says "EASTER UNLIMITED, INC. Made in China". I didn't see any like it on ebay. Is there anything you can tell me about this one?
Attachments
008.JPG
Scream mask with tongue

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:34 am

This was one of 3 masks made for the "Scary Movie" fans, it is seen alot on Ebay at this time especially with Halloween approaching,it is known as the "Whassuuupp" type and is seen every now and again.. it is listed on the link below,along with the other types.
Not as rare as your previous one.more common

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scream-Scary-Movi ... 641e872b69