Anthony Anderson and Marielle Jaffe join Scream 4

Check for the latest Scream 5 news here.

Moderator: Ghostface

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Anthony Anderson and Marielle Jaffe join Scream 4

Postby Ghostface » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:03 pm

No surprise here then,more cast added to S4.. Below is from BD

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/20632

Entertainment Weekly
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/18/laure ... -scream-4/
appears to have a stranglehold on the Scream IV casting as they've not only confirmed the near addition of "Gimore Girls" MILF Lauren Graham (final talks), but they also report that Anthony Anderson (who ironically enough starred in the Scream spoofs, Scary Movie 3 and 4) and and Marielle Jaffe (Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief) will join newcomers Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere, Rory Culkin, Lake Bell, and Nico Tortorella in the Wes Craven directed sequel shooting soon at Ann Arbor, Michigan from a screenplay once again by Kevin Williamson. Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, and David Arquette return to the franchise when Dimension releases it in theaters on April 15, 2011.

KComm1

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Re: Anthony Anderson and Marielle Jaffe join Scream 4

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Pretty cool. I always enjoy hearing casting news. Well anything Scre4m related!

Maloney
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Maloney » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:29 pm

Man i love Anthony Anderson he's one of the funniest people on tv.
"I'm gonna blame the movies"

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:17 am

AHHH! SORRY guys for me this sucks! anthony sucks ! he can ruin a movie , it almost gives a b-movie feel for me! tony is long past his prime /being funny!!! looks like the good old weinsteins are cheaping with the cast , putting in horrible comedians . I also hate tony because HE ALWAYS USES RACIAL HUMOR! AND THAT SUCKS! ITS GOING TO BE LIKE A BAD BARBER SHOP SKIT WHEN HE IS ON CAMERA ! HERE WE GO WES TRYING TO SELL TICKETS TO A CERTAIN DEMOGRAPHIC!!!!!!!!! TRUST ME GUYS THIS IS A HORRID SIGN USING ANDERSON!!! TRYING TO GET THOSE TYPE OF LAUGHS IN A HORROR FILM!!!!!!!!!! OH BOY THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE FILM IS NOW ANDERSON WILL TAKE AWAY FROM THE FILMS CREDIBILITY !!! WOW i AM GOING TO BE SICK! I AM GOING TO GO OUT ON A LIMB , SCREAM 4 IS GOING TO BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Screambuff wrote:AHHH! SORRY guys for me this sucks! anthony sucks ! he can ruin a movie , it almost gives a b-movie feel for me! tony is long past his prime /being funny!!! looks like the good old weinsteins are cheaping with the cast , putting in horrible comedians . I also hate tony because HE ALWAYS USES RACIAL HUMOR! AND THAT SUCKS! ITS GOING TO BE LIKE A BAD BARBER SHOP SKIT WHEN HE IS ON CAMERA ! HERE WE GO WES TRYING TO SELL TICKETS TO A CERTAIN DEMOGRAPHIC!!!!!!!!! TRUST ME GUYS THIS IS A HORRID SIGN USING ANDERSON!!! TRYING TO GET THOSE TYPE OF LAUGHS IN A HORROR FILM!!!!!!!!!! OH BOY THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE FILM IS NOW ANDERSON WILL TAKE AWAY FROM THE FILMS CREDIBILITY !!! WOW i AM GOING TO BE SICK! I AM GOING TO GO OUT ON A LIMB , SCREAM 4 IS GOING TO BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone has one. Not saying that to sound mean at all. I'm just saying despite someone being cast in a film that I didn't really care for doesn't mean a movie will suck. If you really feel that way then that's you. Have fun convincing others of that as well. To me it's almost like judging a book by it's cover. It doesn't bother me whether Anthony was cast or not. The reason for that is because I'm not sure how big of a part he has. Even so I don't judge a person's performance when I haven't seen it yet. As much as I don't like Tom Cruise even he has done some films that I enjoy even though I can't stand him.

I still say this is going to be a great film despite who is in it that I might like or dislike. I don't judge a film based on just one actor but rather everything collectively.

Don't take this as a personal attack Screambuff because it is not meant to sound that way at all. I'm just expressing my opinion the same as you.

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:59 pm

nah dude sorry but comparing arguable one of the hugest stars in the world
to tony is an insult to tom. Your saying you don't like tc as a person, right who cares
Tom cruse has made some INSANE FLICKS! Tom cruise is not even a comedian and his part in Tropic thunder is funnier then anything that hack has ever done! PLUS TOM CRUISE CAN ACT!!! put antony IN BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY!!!!! YOU WANT TO SEE ACTING!
sorry man but its not a good comparison the guy SUCKS! yes your right it does not mean the move will SUCK! and trust I want this film to kick butt!!!!I AM GOING IN A DAMN SCREAM COSTUME! LOL What i am saying is them putting a cheap ass hack like him in the movie lowers it for me period. There is not a sane person in the world who is going to tell me this guy belongs in a sick scream remake!!! SHAME ON YOU WES FOR CASTING THIS GUY!!! WE DESERVE BETTER! when you see things like
this and trust me I have studied films for yrs you see a pattern of how it may play out!
THATS ALL THIS GUY HAS EVER BEEN USED FOR!!! WATCH ALL OF HIS HORRIBLE PARTS !!
what i mean you think he is going to do some acting lololo TRUST ME ONE OF HIS LINES WILL BE " THE BROTHER ALWAYS GETS KILLED FIRST IN THE HORROR FLICK , RUN!!! "
LOL Sad ! That stuff was like funny 15 yrs ago for like 5 seconds !If they do scream like this its going to be the bomb of the year!!!! I am just getting worried and seeing him cast , trust me GANG ITS A SLAP IN THE FACE! I want to see the great stuff like the first scene in scream !! with drew that was scary!! the first had ORIGINAL WRITING !!! I am hearing alot of alarming thing about this
movie and it all does not sound good!!! Sorry to play devil's advocate put we need to be open to being kick down stairs ! if it bombs forget about a trilogy . The weinsteins are bankrupt and i am hearing they are remaking ANY MOVIES THEY KNOW WILL MAKE THEM A QUICK BUCK! If thats how they do this film its being set up to fail !!! for a quick hit . Because they know no matter how bad, the 1st one will make a buck just riding off of the great first film. :evil:

stuandbilly
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby stuandbilly » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:03 pm

I partly agree with both of you on this matter. In regards to Anthony i can really see him doing the same typecast obnoxious guy routine only to turn a corner and get his throat slashed. but on the other hand he may be just what the casting had asked for, a CAMEO name, simply he will be a character akin to Patrick Dempsey who just played a straight faced cop with a little screen time.

The worst thing that could happen is this film remind people of scream 3 in regards to us getting some terrible slapstick version of a scream film such as Parker poesy doing flips,falling down the hill, and that god awful shot of the knife spinning in slow motion as it hit Dewey in the head.

I can only hope we get a semi intelligent darkly humorous self aware slasher to bring the energy of scream 1 full circle.
When I wear this badge, You treat Me like a man of the law!

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:21 pm

stuandbilly wrote:I partly agree with both of you on this matter. In regards to Anthony i can really see him doing the same typecast obnoxious guy routine only to turn a corner and get his throat slashed. but on the other hand he may be just what the casting had asked for, a CAMEO name, simply he will be a character akin to Patrick Dempsey who just played a straight faced cop with a little screen time.

The worst thing that could happen is this film remind people of scream 3 in regards to us getting some terrible slapstick version of a scream film such as Parker poesy doing flips,falling down the hill, and that god awful shot of the knife spinning in slow motion as it hit Dewey in the head.

I can only hope we get a semi intelligent darkly humorous self aware slasher to bring the energy of scream 1 full circle.
Yes billy you get what I am saying ! I hope he gets used as a human pin cushion and then
stick him back on the NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN A MOVIE SHELF! WHERE HE BELONGS.

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:20 pm

First of all, I did not mention the word "comparison" or even try to compare Tony to Tom. It was just an example to get a point across. My point was simply that just because he is in the movie doesn't mean the movie will bomb. Nothing more or nothing less. I didn't even say I liked the guy or not. My vote is he does end up getting cut up by Ghostface.

My point on the film bombing is I'm remaining positive on the whole thing. If it does bomb it won't be because I didn't do my part. It's not on me but on those that are involved. They know this without some random people on message boards or the online community telling them so.

We could go on and on about this which I find would be pointless. Spend countless hours picking apart what the other says. It would remind me of the comic book message boards that I used to go to. I see no point in doing so. It accomplishes nothing. I was just making a point just like you were. Not trying to say who is right or who is wrong because in this case this is no right or wrong. It's just our opinions.

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Ghostface_Scre4m wrote:First of all, I did not mention the word "comparison" or even try to compare Tony to Tom. It was just an example to get a point across. My point was simply that just because he is in the movie doesn't mean the movie will bomb. Nothing more or nothing less. I didn't even say I liked the guy or not. My vote is he does end up getting cut up by Ghostface.

My point on the film bombing is I'm remaining positive on the whole thing. If it does bomb it won't be because I didn't do my part. It's not on me but on those that are involved. They know this without some random people on message boards or the online community telling them so.

We could go on and on about this which I find would be pointless. Spend countless hours picking apart what the other says. It would remind me of the comic book message boards that I used to go to. I see no point in doing so. It accomplishes nothing. I was just making a point just like you were. Not trying to say who is right or who is wrong because in this case this is no right or wrong. It's just our opinions.
Understood I just pray he is not in the film long enough to cheapen it!
Hey Tony if your out there YOU SUCK! :evil:

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Marielle Jaffe has postesd this on her facebook page...

"Just got to Ann Arbor, Michigan! Wardrobe fitting tomorrow, makeup test tomorrow, one on one with Wes Craven Thursday, Table Read Friday, KICK OFF PARTY SATURDAY, and FIRST DAY OF FILMING ON MONDAY!!! This is going to be the best 3 months of my life! Living my life in Michigan and ALWAYS for Christ!!"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marielle- ... 0767052627

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:00 pm

That cracks me up

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:23 pm

I want to go to Scre4m bootcamp! :Oo

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:49 pm

It really is the funniest thing about these half naked chicks
who bang have banged half of hollywood .
and I would like to that christ for everything he makes me what i am godless!!!!
lololololol

stuandbilly
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby stuandbilly » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:54 pm

i just find it funny that she would thank god for a part in a movie with little to no qoute unquote christian values. its like you literally signed onto a film about a person(s) who dress up in a 7 dollar wal mart costume and kill, harm,blow up,mame, people for often no discernible reason. hallelujah! :D :Oo
When I wear this badge, You treat Me like a man of the law!