Neve talks about Scream 4

Check for the latest Scream 5 news here.

Moderator: Ghostface

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Neve talks about Scream 4

Postby Ghostface » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:27 am

Whilst on IMDB looking at a reply i noticed a new topic,Clicking the link i see Neve is doing a new film before S4 in Sydney,Australia. Thing is though that in the article she says Wes is signed on to direct!

Read below or click link!
http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/nev ... ings/13318

Ontario-born actress Neve Campbell first found fame on Fox's Party of Five before perfecting her little "girl lost in horror, blood and gore act" in The Craft, playing a teen witch even though she was in her early 20s at the time. Looking perennially younger than she actually is, Neve moved on to even greater fame amongst a new generation of slasher flick fans as Sidney Prescott in the Scream trilogy, the most successful psychological horror genre films of all time. Thrillingly, the four are due to reunite for Scream 4 which is scheduled to start filming in the spring. Campbell has lived, almost secretly, in London for the last five years with her actor husband John Light, a Brit. Indeed: these days the 36 year-old actress is such a fully paid-up Anglophile, even Madonna and Gwyneth would be impressed. Maybe even shown up.

You seem to be very settled living in London these days. Would you consider yourself an Anglophile?
Absolutely! I’ve lived in leafy Islington for five years now. I lived in LA for 13 years, but it just didn’t suit me. I’m from Toronto and I’m really used to a city I can walk around in, I guess. After I saw Crash, I realized: it’s true. People only really meet in LA when they get out of their cars. It’s a very isolating city. I have to be a little careful in London with the attention of the paparazzi. But on the whole, people are very respectful.

Do you ever feel drawn to horror films due to your legacy in them?
I’m very thankful for the Scream movies. They were fantastic for my career. Do I fear being pigeonholed for making this genre of movie? Not really. I’ve had a good ride, career-wise.

So you don’t think you are in any danger of becoming the next Jamie Lee Curtis of the shock-horror world?
Being the next Jamie would be fine! (laughs) In fact, we start shooting Scream 4 in mid-April. I’m so happy that those of us still “alive” from 1, 2 and 3 like David (Arquette) and Courtney (Cox) have already signed up to take part.

Did you all stay in touch after the trilogy had wrapped?
Oh, yes. Completely. I haven’t spoken to them in a while. I’m sure it took a while to convince them to take part [in the picture], especially because they’re now a very happy family ,and of course, it was a long journey for them. I think it’s going to be a lot of fun, and a lot like going back to summer camp.

What else can you tell us about Scream 4?
I’m pretty sure at this stage that Wes [Craven] is back on board to direct and Kevin [Willamson] is definitely writing it...so it is going to be great.

So you haven’t been sent a script yet, then?
No. Not yet. They had to wait for us all to sign on. I suppose that’s the way these days!

What’s the key to playing Sidney?
Physically speaking, it’s all about working the bob! And the only way I can achieve that properly every day on set is through Tara Smith hair products. Seriously, if Tara didn’t cut and style my hair in an amazing girly way to re-create the Sidney look, I wouldn’t have a starting point [for the character]. I’m not kidding. Hers are the only products I can use without killing my hair and skin, as they are 100% organic and free of chemicals.

You sound like a big fan!
Honestly, your readers should try them and get the Sidney bob to hold for when the film comes out next year! Once I’ve got the hairstyle, the character of Sidney definitely comes back to me.

Work-wise, what’s next for you before shooting Scream in the Spring?
Well, I’m always trying to find a great new scam to avoid the dark, damp British winters if I can! So, I’ve just signed up to do a movie in Sydney, Australia starting in December.

What’s the movie about?
It’s tells the story of a very brave female composer from the 40s. I have been lent a very modern sounding piano to help me get into the role—well, it actually doesn’t make any sound at all, it’s to learn on.

Sounds...neighbor-friendly?
Yes. Exactly! (laughs) What happens is: I hit the keys and the only sound it makes comes through my headphones! My three little Shizu dogs look at me as if I’m going a bit mad. I’ve never played an instrument in my life, and now I have piano lessons three times a week. At first, I found it a bit overwhelming and daunting, but now I’m really enjoying it.

What else? I heard that you love the London theater scene. You know that it’s now a tradition for all North American actresses who appear on the stage in the West End to appear naked in at least one scene....
Yes. I did know that (laughing). I believe it’s in every contract!

Bearing that in mind, would you consider taking your clothes off every night in the chilly West End?
I don’t know. It would obviously have to depend on the piece I was in. When those scripts come along, you have to give them a lot of thought. If I personally don’t feel that it would help my career or bring any great joy into my life, then I won’t do it.

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Re: Neve talks about Scream 4

Postby ScreamKing » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:20 am

Niiice.
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

scream-fansite
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby scream-fansite » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:40 am

This is the best news, I love Wes, Neve, Courtney and David.

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:58 pm

this is exciting i love hearing her excited about it and im very excited that everyone is returning!

Maloney
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Maloney » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:07 am

good stuff, the news gets better every week!
"I'm gonna blame the movies"

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:23 pm

i especially love the news when it comes to Neve talking about it
but i cant wait to see the other castings.
i still think Scout Taylor Compton would be perfect for the new main girl that shares the "Main Character" place with Neve i think that would be just perfect.

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:35 am

That's awesome news, great to hear she's quite enthusiastic about it and shooting April next year! Not long really :D
"Be careful, this is the moment where the supposedly dead killer comes back to life for one last scare"