The Future of Scream

Topics on the fifth film here...

Moderator: Ghostface

Would you rather a sequel, reboot, or the series be left alone?

-Sequel
67%
-Reboot
17%
-Leave the series alone
17%

Total votes: 6

CJ7
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

The Future of Scream

Postby CJ7 » Sun May 26, 2013 5:51 am

There has been talk of this over on the Official Halloween Message Boards so I thought i'd bring it up over here. I once thought that a sequel would be great to have but the more I thought about it the better it seems to simply leave the series alone. I'm against a reboot but some if not even many fans would possibly like for a reboot to take place.
It's not a matter of what I want it's a matter of fate and fate catches up with everyone!
-GhostFace

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Re: The Future of Scream

Postby Ghostface » Mon May 27, 2013 11:32 am

I always thought a second trilogy was possible as it was firstly said when Scream 4 was first announced.. the ending of '4' left it either way.. my decision is that a sequel or two if done right would be ok..

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Tue May 28, 2013 1:40 am

As a fan of the series since the beginning it's a mixed feeling. My first initial thought when someone mentions more SCREAM films I'm all for it. I think if there is a sequel done that it should be done in mind as following the groundwork laid before them.

CJ7
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby CJ7 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:15 am

Ghostface_Craven wrote:As a fan of the series since the beginning it's a mixed feeling. My first initial thought when someone mentions more SCREAM films I'm all for it. I think if there is a sequel done that it should be done in mind as following the groundwork laid before them.
My thoughts exactly. It's unfortunate that should there be another film made Kevin most likely won't be writing it but Scream 3 did turn out great despite the fact that he didn't write it. I think that perhaps the best route they can take for the series is to make two more sequels and let Scream rest. Franchises run the risk of losing their appealing factor with the more sequels that are made. As much as I love the HalloweeN films not every single one of them has done well in the box office although getting every single entry in a franchise to do just as good as the first is something that would be rather hard to accomplish.

I know it's a bit off topic but although Scre4m is my favorite in the franchise I still truly feel that they should have left the ending alone and stuck with what Kevin had written. I could be wrong as people have survived from things you wouldn't think possible, but I just don't see how Jill could have survived getting her head fried like she did. They just decided to go with the classic kill both of the killers off before instead of taking risks and doing something different like Kevin's ending. They took the easy way out.
It's not a matter of what I want it's a matter of fate and fate catches up with everyone!
-GhostFace

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Fri May 31, 2013 2:35 pm

It's a touchy subject with SCREAM fans for sure. I haven't even voted in the poll. I'm just unsure what I would like. Sure a sequel but if it's going to get worse just leave the series alone. It's tough to be a SCREAM fan at times just due to the drama of whether Williamson and the Weinsteins will agree long enough for a film to get made. Not to mention all the other things that can arise.

CJ7
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby CJ7 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:10 am

I agree 100%. That's like how Scream is to be made into a television show, I don't think it's a good idea but if they're going to do it they're going to do it unfortunately. As of the time i'm typing this only a few have voted for a reboot over on ohmb but although they've voted for a reboot, not everyone wants them to start all over with a different cast. Some want them to start over with the same people portraying the characters. I guess it could possibly work but a sequel or just leaving the series alone is what I truly believe to be best.
-GhostFace

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:39 am

It's one of those things that either with a reboot you dissatisfy the old fans and please the news ones or vice versa. I don't want a reboot particularly but maybe it is time for a for some "new blood" so the speak.

CJ7
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby CJ7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:23 am

Ghostface_Craven wrote:It's one of those things that either with a reboot you dissatisfy the old fans and please the news ones or vice versa. I don't want a reboot particularly but maybe it is time for a for some "new blood" so the speak.
That's a very good point but I personally believe that they should just leave the series alone. I think it would be best.
-GhostFace

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:06 pm

Whether we get a SCREAM 5, a TV show, or nothing Ghostface will live on. There will be more masks and other products made. For that I'm very thankful for.

CJ7
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby CJ7 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:41 am

Same here. I've always liked that Ghostface can be anyone and that Ghostface himself doesn't die but only the person wearing the costume.
-GhostFace

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Ghostface is timeless in that regard. So even with a reboot, TV series, or whatever it can easily go on because anyone can be under that mask.

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:50 pm

GhostFace is timeless... but with people knowing him or her maybe a movie trivia caller it gives a little expectation as to how things may go....

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:10 pm

When it's comes to anything SCREAM I think we have all learned to expect the unexpected. As a fan since the beginning like many others I've had to step back and realize that things could be very different from how I knew they were. So to speak think out of the box. So I may not agree with the way things might be going but as a fan I will say I remain hopeful.

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:49 pm

True, there were a few surprises in Scream 4 i suppose..

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:24 pm

The other end of the spectrum we could not have anything SCREAM to talk about and live with the memories of the previous films.