Ghostbusters 3 update

Talk about new films here..

Moderator: Ghostface

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Ghostbusters 3 update

Postby Ghostface » Wed May 20, 2009 8:01 pm

For a short while now its been in development and aykroyd has been thinking of adding FEMALE Ghostbusters in part of the new generation busters we will see in no.3

Below is from Moviehole site

Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky's script for "Ghostbusters 3", now sitting atop of a bunch of binded beauties in Amy Pascal's office, apparently sees the original crew (Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson) training a five-member "new generation" team with several female members.

Yep, you heard right - - female Ghostbusters!

And who does Aykroyd picture in the russet jumpsuits?

Well, he's got two casting ideas - Alyssa Milano, who voices a character in the upcoming "Ghostbusters" video-game (and it wouldn't at all surprise me if part of her deal to do the game included being promised a role in the inevitable second sequel), is in with a shot, as is science-fiction favourite Eliza Dushku, from "Buffy" and "Dollhouse".

"I think they're amazing", Aykroyd tells The Los Angeles Times.

And might we see Sigourney Weaver busting ghosts this time, too?

The actor doesn't say, only that Weaver has officially agreed to do the film. And seems she was much easier to entice into the movie than big-time Oscar Winner Bill Murray - but Aykroyd wasn't going to make the movie without him.

"I don't put not making the third movie on Billy. We can't do that. I've been very busy. Harold's been busy, Ivan's been busy. And a third script really didn't coalesce properly. And Billy, you can't blame an artist for not wanting to do the same thing again. He did two of them, for God's sake. Although I'm the biggest cheerleader as the originator of the concept but I've never begrudged Billy not doing a third movie. I never said he held it up or that he refused. Hey, listen, he's an artist. You can't force somebody into it."

Murray was originally asked to do another Ghostbusters in the 90s, when Aykroyd presented him with a script called "Ghostbusters go to Hell", which he'd written himself. Murray, not shy about admitting his reluctance to reprise Peter Venkman, later said he never read the script.

"I'm sorry he never read my third draft because I thought it was pretty good but, look, now we're at a point that there's a story that he can accept and that's going to work, and I think we're going to be in production fairly soon", says Aykroyd. "We could be in production by winter."

Unfortunately, says Aykroyd, original "Ghostbusters" director Ivan Reitman won't be directing. He's "too busy as a mega-producer" to take it on, says the former Blues Brother. And since that's the case, Aykroyd's hoping co-star Harold Ramis (who since "Ghostbusters" has gone on to become quite the filmmaker) might direct. ‘'He has a lot of things going on, but it would be wonderful to see him do it."

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Re: Ghostbusters 3 update

Postby Ghostface » Wed May 27, 2009 7:25 pm

more arrived today.. i wish Scream 4 was getting updates as often as this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/may ... an-aykroyd

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Yay Ghostbusters is actually getting a number 3 :D
"Be careful, this is the moment where the supposedly dead killer comes back to life for one last scare"

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:18 pm

Sigourney Weaver gives updates on Ghostbusters 3:

"I'm afraid to say it [Ghostbuster 3] is happening, I hope people are excited about that," she said. "I don't know if I'm going to be in it, I have had a couple of calls asking 'would you read the script.'"

"I know that my little son Oscar – who was kidnapped from me – I think he has grown up to be a ghostbuster," she added. "I might be in it; I see nothing wrong with being in it, although I don't think I will have a big part. I think Bill Murray has a little more to do with it
Spoiler: show
- he's a ghost."
:shock:

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/a ... er/3457647
"Be careful, this is the moment where the supposedly dead killer comes back to life for one last scare"

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Female Ghostbusters...I'm down with that as long as it's a good story and not just sex appeal.

stuandbilly
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby stuandbilly » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:41 am

slow motion slime scenes.... :roll:

Sequels this late in a series history have the potential to breathe new life into the brand or kill it deader then roadkill on a stretch of highway.

(crosses fingers for scream 4) :D
When I wear this badge, You treat Me like a man of the law!

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:41 pm

It has been awhile since the last Ghostbusters films. So one can only hope it does well.